Work Vehicle Accidents
If you drive a vehicle as part of your employment, whether it’s a cherry picker or a car, a HGV or a forklift, you are at risk of sustaining an injury if proper guidelines and regulations are not followed correctly.
Your employer has a duty to ensure that you are protected from any work-related vehicle accidents as far as possible. If your employer has failed in this duty and you have suffered an injury then you may well be entitled to compensation. How much compensation will you receive? What should you do? The Legal Oracle solicitors can answer all of these questions and provide you with the advice that you need immediately and without cost.
Causes Of Work Vehicle Accidents
The main causes of injury when it comes to work vehicle accidents include the following:
- Poorly serviced or maintained vehicles;
- Excessive driving hours;
- Lack of training;
- Working longer than legally expected;
- Defective vehicles resulting in a collision;
- Lack of breaks from work resulting in injury caused by a collision.
Types Of Vehicle Involved In Work Accidents
Cherry Picker Accidents
A cherry picker is a hydraulic platform, which allows people to carry out maintenance or repair work at height. Operated by a hydraulic lift they are used widely to make repairs to buildings, street lighting and other objects that you cannot reach with normal ladders. They can extend to great heights and therefore there is obviously a risk associated with them.
Who Is Responsible For The Cherry Pickers?
If you use a cherry picker in the course of your employment, the usual health and safety responsibilities lie with the employer. If you suffer an injury as a result of using a cherry picker you may well be able to claim compensation from your employer if they have failed to maintain the equipment.
Causes Of Cherry Picker Accidents
The main causes of cherry picker accidents are as follows :-
- Failure to maintain the equipment properly causing it to collapse or fall over whilst you are using the machinery;
- Failing to correctly secure the cherry picker on even ground so as to avoid it falling over;
- Failure to train you properly in the use of the cherry picker.
Forklifts are a vital piece of machinery in all factories, warehouses and storage yards. However, because of their weight and often fast speeds, along with the difficulty in movability and visibility for the driver, they are frequently a cause of work accidents. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident with a forklift, such as a pallet falling onto you or a crushing injury caused by the vehicle driving over you, what can you do? Is anyone at fault for the accident? Will you be able to claim compensation and if yes, how much will this cost you.
Types Of Forklift Accidents
Forklifts can cause many different injuries as a result of accidents. The common forklift accidents include the following:
- Being run over by forklifts;
- Crushing injuries when you are trapped between the forklift and shelving or other items in the factory or warehouse;
- Faulty brakes causing the forklift to crash;
- Items dropping from the forklift or whole pallets falling off causing crushing injuries.
Can You Claim Compensation For A Cherry Picker Or Forklift Accident?
If you have been injured in the course of your employment whilst using a cherry picker or forklift it is extremely likely that you will be able to make a claim for compensation. Even if the accident was caused by a lack of training this may well lead to responsibility resting with your employer.
Your Work Vehicle Injury Claim
Whatever the nature of your injuries you will be fully assessed by a medical expert and provided with the appropriate medical treatment. If your solicitor can prove that your employer was at fault for your accident then you will be entitled to claim compensation for the pain and suffering that you have experienced as a result of the accident. This is called your claim for your general damages and is often the most significant part of the claim. However, in addition to this amount you can also claim for your losses and expenses as detailed below.
- Any lost earnings as a result of the work vehicle accident;
- Lost overtime;
- Medical expenses;
- Private medical treatment;
- Additional transport costs;
- All other expenses incurred as a direct result of the accident.
The Legal Oracle's Service For You
We ensure that not only are The Legal Oracle solicitors efficient and confident in their specialist areas of law, but they also provide a friendly and helpful service. The cost of our service for you is completely free of charge. Our solicitors also do not make a charge to you for their assistance.
Make A Quick Enquiry Now
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of The Legal Oracle solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.